Bible verse of the Month 本月金句
“”In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.
…but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” (Ephesians 4:26-27, 29)
Meaning: to lose temper or control because you are too angry
One afternoon, Patricia and Annabella are at a coffee shop.
Pat : I was so angry yesterday that I scolded my son severely and punished him by not allowing him to watch TV for two weeks.
Anna: Oh! What happened?
Pat: He’s lost his mobile phone again!
Anna: What? You told me the same story three months ago. You mean he’s lost his second phone this time?
Pat: In fact, it’s his third time this year! Every time he lost it, it was when he was playing football.
Anna: Oh! Didn’t he lock his phone in the locker at the football pitch?
Pat: No. He said he was always late and didn’t have time to lock it. And after the game, he forgot to take it but left it inside the changing room.
Anna: Oh! If I were you I would have lost my head too!
1) Which of the following words has the same meaning as “severe” in the text? 以下哪一個字是文中”severe” 一字的意思。
a) safe ＿
b) serious ＿
c) soft ＿
d) subtle ＿
2) Another name of “mobile phone” is c_ _ l phone. “Mobile phone” 的另一名字叫甚麼?
3) The playing field for football is called a football pitch. What about basketball? 足球場英文叫football pitch, 那麼籃球場呢？
Basketball co_ _ t
4) Have you ever lost your head? Can you describe the situation?
Answers to August issue:
1) mother and daughter
2) Examples are: cello, violin and trumpet
3) Examples are: P.E. and Religious Studies
4) Answers vary