Bible verse of the Month 本月金句
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak…but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles…” (Isaiah 40:29, 31)
Meaning: to further hurt someone’s feelings after doing harm to him
Kenny: Ricky, you look cross. Why?
Ricky: We lost the inter-school match yesterday! We’ve practiced a lot but we still lost it.
Kenny: I see. But that’s life, isn’t it? If you and your team have done your best, you shouldn’t feel bad.
Ricky: I’m cross not because we’ve lost the match. You know what happened after the match? We were being laughed at by the other team!
Kenny: What did they say or do?
Ricky: They said we were so weak that it looked like we hadn’t eaten for days!
Kenny: How bad! They were adding insult to injury!
1) Can you write down the name of the kind of match that you love watching most? 你可寫下你最喜歡看是哪種比賽呢？
2) Have you ever lost an inter-school competition or match before? If yes, what was it?
3) Which of the following would you say if your friend has lost a game or a match?
a) It’s your turn this time! b) Blame it on the weather!
c) You shouldn’t have lost it. How come!
d) Take it easy, friend! You’ve tried your best. That’s the most important!
4) What competition would you want to take part in? 你最想參加甚麼比賽呢？
Answers to June issue:
3) Examples are: volleyball, rugby, baseball, basketball
4) Answers vary